Okay first the quote was from Godzilla; I knew it was a good one .
I am in...wait for it... Siloam Springs, Arkansas haha. Surprise! Well, first I left the Airport and got to the mission home. President Shumway is awesome and is working his absolute hardest. We had a great dinner some Bar B Que Briscuit I sent you a letter not sure when you are going to get it that explains more about that day. Well I am in Siloam Springs and I am with Elder Bunch who is from Phoenix the best way to describe him is hard worker, enthusiastic, nice guy.
The ward here is awesome they are fun and a lot of them are really good about missionary work. The Ward Mission Leader is Brother Migliori who is a Ranch Foreman and an awesome guy he is quite a character he tops anybody in our ward ten fold. Just to let you know a little more about him. He reminds as one of the old guys on secondhand lions, he is right now trying successfully to breed cats and rabbits together to make a Cabbit and he has a son living in a trailer behind his house yeah he is awesome. The good thing is that he really cares about Missionary Work and he will do anything for us he cares about us that much. There are few other ward members that are really nice and love us, and it is nice to be a part of this ward.
I am in...wait for it... Siloam Springs, Arkansas haha. Surprise! Well, first I left the Airport and got to the mission home. President Shumway is awesome and is working his absolute hardest. We had a great dinner some Bar B Que Briscuit I sent you a letter not sure when you are going to get it that explains more about that day. Well I am in Siloam Springs and I am with Elder Bunch who is from Phoenix the best way to describe him is hard worker, enthusiastic, nice guy.
![]() |
| Luke draws a picture of Elder Bunch |
Everything is going pretty good me and Elder Bunch were shotgunned into the area you might find the more common term as whitewashed but I guess people don't like that term so they use shotgunned instead I guess it makes them feel cooler. I don't really know so the last few days we have been getting organized and vistitng people. My first lesson we taught this guy and his friend, they are seventh day Adventist and they really care about the Levitical Law and eating clean meats and all that other stuff so both of them condemn all fast food even though they eat it, and then they sit there and tell us about oils and natural healing. We give them a short lesson because they took up a lot of time. Then they ask me to pray so I stand up and they stood up and in a circle we held hands and I started praying after everything I said I would get a couple of big Amens! So that was my first lesson, hooray. We have taught a few other lessons: we taught a guy who is Hispanic guy who is really nice and he has four kids and like two wives and a Girlfriend and got kicked out of his house and lives with his mom and he plays guitar and writes his own songs and is very good. He also told us that he saw or heard a ghost earlier that day he wasn't really sure and that he has seen a UFO.
Everything is going great and I am enjoying myself. Oh and a lady in our ward is related to Steve M., the assistant principal at Gilbert High that was interesting. Also we live next to two spanish elders that are awesome and one of them is Elder Freeman who lives in South Gilbert/ Queen Creek and had an older brother who went to the Billings Montana Mission I was wondering if Parker knew him he got home just about a year ago I guess.
That is basically my first week I am having a good time and learning how to be a better missionary. I love this area I feel like I was meant to come here which I was and I can't wait to go do some work. OH I need a bike we share a car here and we ride bikes every other day and if I get transferred to Tulsa I will only be on a bike so... yeah I need one dangit, I was hoping I wouldn't need one. So just fix any of the beaters in the back and just send it with a helmet don't give me anything gay please I just need something to get me around. If you send it to the mission home I think they forward it to me. So when convenient send one. I think that is all; I'll let you know how the Cabbits turn out. I split wood for about six hours this weekend that was fun. Other than that I have nothing more to say.
Elder Heywood

No comments:
Post a Comment