"Well hello there" I am doing awesome. Some things have transpired this week that make me sad and excited. I am getting transferred and I am going to.... Drum roll please.... Lebanon Missouri. I haven't heard a whole lot from Lebanon except that there is a lot of dairy cows and they make good cheese. It is a lot like Siloam and that as service the missionaries shovel manure every Friday. The last one is a rumor. I also hear there is an old fashion barrel factory there, where they make wood barrels that you can ferment wine in. Bro. Migliori wanted one; do you guys? I'll see if I can get a hold of a couple. I am serving with Elder Babb I know nothing about the guy. I guess he is funny and kind of a goof, but I am not sure if he is like me that would be ideal because I am a goof I am just not an over the top goof I guess. Well I won't know; until I know and I am very excited about the news. However I am grieved because I do like this part of the country I do love the Siloam area and the families here like the Wheelers, Hublers, Palmers, Miglioris, and Fitzmaurices they are all the people that I have built good relationships with.
This week we were having some success we have three kids in part member families that were all really close to getting baptized it was just a matter of teaching the last lesson and getting an interview. Also we had two investigators that we finally committed to coming to church Gabriel and Morecio (and family) but now I am going to be leaving and I will miss it. Elder Bunch felt really inspired to work this week and guess what happens when we work hard. Shiz happens. Whatever I am just glad that I get a break. Wednesday, we were on Zone Leader exchanges and Elder Pope came down. Elder Pope is a huge fan of the great Jackson Hole Wyoming he has a friend who has a cabin up there and he goes up there frequently I was super excited and he is an awesome guy and wednesday was my most productive day even though it was in a downpour hooray. Well the week was good and the work increasingly got better then to end the week I got transferred. Bummer. But I am super excited for my new area and it will be a good experience. I am going to miss the Spanish Elders in Springdale I got to be good friends with those guys and it will really stink when I can't see them weekly. Well that is the big news I don't have to much more to say I should be sending home all of the Siloam pictures in the next couple of weeks.
To answer your questions...the wilderness safari is a pretty cool place. We have no Tornadoes in this part of the country if we do they are only weak like a 1 or 2. I guess in frontier times Indians were fond of this part of the country because it was blessed from natural disasters not saying that it is true just saying what I heard. Up in Lebanon they get some pretty crazy storms so I am excited, but Oklahoma and Kansas take the cake when it comes to tornadoes. Hey give this piece of info. to Bishop Lines the members in Siloam love going to the temple they drive about three hours to go to Oklahoma city temple. We have some old ladies that go once a week and have a hard time paying for anything else like groceries but they get to the temple. I know the temple people have a certain process but a temple in Rogers, Springdale, Fort Smith, or even Joplin would be a great place for a temple. And if you want to get a little crazy just build one in Siloam Springs it would be awesome. Well that is all I have to say I know I didn't talk a lot about stories or anything like that because my mind is kind of elsewhere.
I am excited for Lebanon and ready for a new start. I can't believe about the Peters kid that is just awful but I always get comfort from Alma 40:12 best scripture ever. Chad played on my volleyball team I wonder how he is holding up in Spain; that has got to be super stressful and hard on a mission to not get home for your brother's funeral.
Peace love all
No comments:
Post a Comment