Monday, May 6, 2013

Siloam Springs

hahahaheyyyhey. Well where to start; a lot happened this week. First of all I got to be part of History. It snowed May 3rd and it has been the latest snowfall in Arkansas history. I took a couple pictures that I'll send next week. About the whole skype thing I am really not too sure, but what happens happens. Everything sounds great from home. I wish I could go to the lake.

Well this week was kind of a struggle of course all the investigators we had are just inching along at the slowest rate possible. We go over twice a week and just sit there and encourage them to read and pray, read and pray, read and pray and when we go back they didn't do it so we read and pray with them haha the Gospel will triumph. We also need to get all those hootin annies to church that is another chore in itself.

Everybody seemed to blow up about stake conference which sounds good, don't worry about sending the notes grandma and Dad already took care of that. Dad said that Roberts talked about the slow changes of the world and such. That has been discussed on and off with everybody we talk to here. Since everybody here is a bible scholar they all hate what the world is coming to these days, and we sit there and agree and talk a little about that. Even though they hate Mormons and think we are devil worshippers they do respect us for staying constant with are beliefs.  We then tell them well it is what God wants us to do then they pull out their Bible and try to explain that Joseph Smith is false. Fun Stuff right? hohoho.

Well I got an interesting story we were at an investigator's house teaching a lesson and it is the guy that is going to like every church in town and he told us a story when he was a bible salesman. "I was selling bibles and I was going through the neighborhood on my way out of the neighborhood I saw one more house and I went and knocked. A man came out and offered me a drink of water I tried to sell him a book but he said, I already know what those are." He then told me about heaven and what it was going to look like and I could just see perfectly what he was talking about and how little boys were going to be riding lions and playing with them." He then looked at me and Elder Bunch and said "it had to be God! it just had too." Well I am not sure about Elder Bunch but I was just amazed and about to laugh. I came up with a couple possibilities of the true interpretation of this story. 1) It was a lie. 2) It was true. 3) The man was on Acid or Shrooms. So that was my story for the week and it was weird but somehow we were able to make it a half-way decent lesson.

Saturday the ward had a Star Wars Party; it was a decent turnout at the Migliori's we had Alligator Gumbo, Pizza the Hut, and when it got dark we played with light sabers and had a ceremonial burning of Darth Vader. It was a good time and probably the highlight of the week. I am so glad I am out here everyday is an adventure itself.

Well Peace.
Elder Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment