![]() |
| He does look a bit bigger! |
No more Tornadoes unfortunately although we are officially in tornado season. The siren sounds like what you imagine when a nuclear bomb is coming down its loud and it plays at the community building which is only like a quarter mile away from our apartment. It sounded like someone just put an air horn to my ear while I was sleeping, but instead of being angry I ran straight to the window to see if I could see it. I didn't bummer.
Well to be honest this week went by a little slow we got see our important people but all the others we just could not find them home at all. The one guy that I was telling you about a couple weeks ago is making some progress it will be a little bit but I feel like he is really changing and turning his life around. So that was pretty good. Everyone else is still kind of stuck in Bible fantasy land, and we are just desperately trying to get them to read the Book of Mormon. It sounds easy but it is like trying to wrastle a gator n his favrite feedin' pond.
Random note I hope you get the pictures that I sent from Sister Hubler (see below) only in Arkansas would you find a true redneck weddin unfortunately we were on our way to an appointment so we could not attend.
Well, like I said the beginning of the week was slow. The end of the week we were able to volunteer at the Dogwood Festival here in town. The Dogwood festival is the Houston Carnival, Arizona State Fair, and the Alleys in the space of a square 1/4 mile. It is pretty small but everybody knows everybody and it is just a get together in the town. I thoroughly enjoyed it because we just went around picked up trash and talked with every vendor and person that was attending the festival. The only downside is that Friday and Saturday the days we attended it was raining but the festival does not cancel for rain it just means that a lot of people will not show up. The biggest disappointment was that they held bed races but they were canceled because of rain. Bed races is where you put a bed frame and mattress on bicycle wheels and you basically do the push cart race from cool runnings except somebody sleeps on the bed while the others push I was looking forward to seeing this event but it was canceled. But I made contact with every single vendor and we are pretty much best buds I got free kettle corn and pork rinds because these people are my buds. The Festival was fun and I enjoyed myself for two days.
The Spanish elders also came down for one day to help and that was good they keep me sane. The deal is because we don't have a lot of Spanish elders in the mission they cover a large area so they still cover Siloam they just live in Springdale so I get to see them once a week and I am grateful for this.
![]() |
| Elders Duclos, Heywood (with his spicy pork rinds), Freeman and Bush at the Dogwood Festival |
Yesterday we went to the Pritchett's for dinner, its the 15 year old that made the chili that I told you about. Sister Pritechett is a very good cook and Woody the kid even though he outweighs me by like a hundred pounds is the iron chef I can't believe it he is truly talented at cooking. So they make us dinner and I just get fat it is so good. Yesterday they made spicy taco salad with Doritos and finger chicken quesadillas, with their famous homemade guacamole I about died from eating so much.
Well that is it I am doing good and things are pretty good. Problems happen everyday but whatever they are not that big just something that I have to go through. see ya.
joke: How do you know that the toothbrush was invented in Arkansas?
If it was invented anywhere else it would have been a teethbrush. Not really that funny but whatev.
Peace
Elder Heywood





No comments:
Post a Comment