Well, our normal Library is hopefully back to normal at least right now it is, So hopefully the email goes regular from now on. This last week went by a little slow; seemed like nothing went right, investigators weren't home and we couldn't reach them and everything seemed just chaotic and a mess. Wednesday, I went on an exchange to Tahlequah which is in Oklahoma about an hour from Siloam Springs and rumor has it that "Where the Red Fern Grows" location is between here and Tahlequah and that Grandpa's shop is based in Tahlequah. I thought that was pretty cool since it was one of my favorite books. Conference was good Saturday we went to Springdale and watched it with the zone and then ate Golden Dragon Chinese Buffet afterwards which was a mistake. Whatever comes out of my body from that stupid buffet is punishment for overeating I guess.
Sunday was nice we went to a family's house (the Wheelers) that are one of those normal families in the ward and watched with them. Both brother and Sister Wheeler have big families and the house had quite a few people in it so it was fun. Yes, I did do a puzzle, I helped Lizzie a 6 year old girl (niece) do a princess puzzle and a puppy puzzle so I had my puzzle time. Actually the Wheelers do a puzzle every Christmas and they had a really cool one of George Washington crossing the Delaware, it was like three thousand pieces and when they showed me it I instantly fell in love...I need to find one like that when I get home it was awesome.
Well sad news the Spanish Elders are moving out to Springdale. I will be with Elder Bunch for another transfer. This next six weeks will be interesting but we are close with a few people so cross your fingers it’s about to get hot. Well that is basically it thanks for the package it was like Christmas; me and the other elders all screamed when we saw the Hobbit and Prince of Egypt soundtracks we listened to the misty mountain song like twenty times it was great. Thanks again.
When I get home I hope to have a motorcycle waiting so I can grow a beard and ride back to my mission. That is my dream and if anyone else wants to get a motorcycle and join in, I'll be more than happy to give them a tour of Siloam and wherever else I serve. I just love this place, the only thing missing is a temple but I hope that will change eventually.
I don't remember if you remember but a long time ago when I was like six or seven I asked you what the greatest event in history was in your opinion, and what you said was the atonement and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was a long time ago but I have remembered it ever since and every time it gets around Easter time I always ponder what you said when I asked you that question. I realized that it wasn't opinion it was a fact and I am glad that you shared that with me at a young age because I didn't understand it then but I sure understand it now and I am forever grateful. You are the best, I know it, you know it and Heavenly Father knows it because he put you as a mother to the greatest family in the world. Thank you for everything.
Love, Elder Heywood
No comments:
Post a Comment