Holy smoke everything seems to be really happy and awesome.
I am grateful that I can grow facial hair
I will be grateful that I will return to ASU where they allow facial hair
I will be grateful when I can start growing facial hair again and not have to shave
I am grateful for a new baby on the way
I am grateful for the new website thing that Parker just shared
I am grateful for thanksgiving
I am grateful for the gratefuls they are entertaining
I am grateful for Stake conference and dead goats (I'll explain)
Well yeah that is cool that Sis. J called you guys yeah she is just a sweet old lady and she loved me because I come from the homeland of Arizona. Stake conference took place in the Civic center in Lebanon because it is big enough to fit everybody. Well big news is that they split the stake out here. We were the St. Roberts stake and now we are the St. Roberts stake and West Plains stake so it was exciting. We had two seventies there one of them was Elder Bowen and he gave a very good talk that I loved. He said "Is there one person that you know that could benefit from the gospel?" Most everybody raised there hand and he said easiest thing to do is invite that person to family night. He then committed everybody who raised their hand to work on that person/family I thought that was really cool and we talked to a few families and they said that really impressed them and they were going to step forward in faith so that was good. But going back to Lebanon was sweet to see some people from the ward and old investigators it was fun.
So Katie is having a baby hooray they both better be able to say my name when I come home. I think it is going to be a mexi this time it would only make since right? Jokes Jokes Jokes! Nah I have no idea what it would be but that is awesome. It is weird that Thanksgiving is just a couple days away es Loco! We are going to the Garceau's and spend it with their non member family which will be fun they are all pretty crazy so it should be good. I'll get you a picture.
So about the Goats; so the C's are recent converts and we went there to drop off some food for them for Thanksgiving because they live in a shack and have no running water and they have 22 dogs and most of their money goes to buy food for the dogs and they eat one to half a meal a day so we delivered food to them. Well one of their goats just passed away the big goat his name is Spock. He probably weighs over two hundred pounds and he has already been dead for four days. Sister C has a knee that was turned inside out because one of her other goats head butted her so she walks like Dickie Bennett from Justified and Brother C, his left arm doesn't work it dangles off his body like a dead fish. So both of them aren't really physically qualified to get rid of this goat, but their idea was that they were going to burn it, but it died right next to their shack so they needed to transport it to a small clearing with a bunch of wood that they had so they can burn it. Well I lovingly volunteered us to drag this goat about 20 to 30 yards away so they can burn it. We walked over to see the damage and the smell was pretty bad a nasty already smelly goat when its alive has now been dead for four days and man I couldn't believe it. Archibald wimped out and wouldn't go 30 feet near that stupid goat so it was all on me. So what do I do...I put the team on my back I grabbed the goat by a small chain around its neck about a foot and half in length, and I start dragging that SOB. remind you I am in full proselyting gear and it has been raining so I am slipping in the mud and fallen leaves and Archibald was still not helping. Sister C was helpful enough with her limp that she helped the best she could she lifted the hind legs as best as she could and we dragged it the 20 to 30 yards to its new resting place. The entire time I am dragging this thing I can smell the decaying death scent coming off of it and it was bleeding from its mouth and every once in a while it would get on my shoes. Archibald still wouldn't go near it. We finally got it to the destination and I was so sick that we said a quick prayer without having a lesson and we left. The entire drive home I could still smell that goat. It even overwhelmed the smell of cigarettes that I had on me from our previous person we visited which is a miracle in itself. Well now I realize that a miracle has taken place. I should have thrown up at least three times during this experience but I didn't which goes to show you that Heavenly Father has truly blessed me. I am also blessed that I don't have to smell this thing when they burn it (maybe). Maybe next time we go over there I might be the one burning it,who knows? Well that is the big story this past week good one ain't it? I was pretty pissed at Archibald that day he didn't come near it and made Sis. C help me out but I was patient and didn't say much but I think he could tell.
Well I am glad that everything is going good for you guys it is so jolly this time of year for everybody I think. It snowed a little yesterday nothing crazy but it is getting really cold and I am excited but not looking forward to it. Well I think that is all I have for you guys this week. I am grateful for my life! Thug Life!!!! 4 eva!!!! Yeah, I just hold my head high like Tupac.
Elder Heywood
No comments:
Post a Comment