Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Osage Beach
Hey what's up yall? Well I guess first things first is that I am not getting transferred so that is nice. Second I am still with Archibald and he will be going home after this transfer. Third thanks for the package the ties and reeses and marshmallow bow it was pretty sweet. I didn't get any pie maybe Archibald ate while I was asleep haha! Jokes! Jokes! Well I guess I am okay with where I am it will be for sure the last transfer possible. Plus I got a lot of other missionaries that all are helping me with my ordeal just like back in Arkansas. Well I am not sure what time I am calling? We are eating with Bishop Skelton and then he said we could call or do whatever, but I do not have specifics I will let you know I am guessing late afternoon. Don't take that as a for sure though.
Well this last week was pretty good I can complain but I won't haha Jokes! Jokes! No it was fine just kind of the same old same old nothing really anything new. Just seeing people trying to do my best. I guess I'll tell you a quick story.
So I was on exchanges with Elder Van Woerkem who is my District Leader he is a cool guy and we have some fun together. Well we went to see a couple of Less Actives up in my area. The first guy has been in a couple of Motorcycle accidents and doesn't have a good memory and is just a nice odd man. Well he was telling us of his dilemma of having to choose which daughter to spend Christmas with.
The next guy we visited I have only seen once and he seemed nice but we were running late for the next appointment so we had to hurry. Well this guy comes out and he was friendly but he was also kind of a jerk. He said that they were offended in Alaska and all this stuff. Then he said that the Word of Wisdom wasn't a commandment just a guideline. Then he called Elder Van Woerkem stuffy. So Elder Van Woerkem was like, "yeah I have been a little congested since I got to Missouri" Well this guy was actually saying that he thought he was a an arrogant a-hole in the simplest terms. We didn't have time to tell him that the Word of Wisdom was a commandment and settle his other problems but we said we would come back. Elder Van Woerkem is a pretty chill dude so he was like well that was weird so I can't wait for this less active to meet Archibald. It will be like the Korean War.
Did I ever tell you guys that once a week with a Filipino lady who is less active we go over and sing karaoke? We do it with her and her non-member husband I am telling you I am getting good. I sang Under the Boardwalk last time and I killed it, Bishop Lines would be proud.
Well that is all I have, have a happy holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment