Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Osage Beach

Things are going good. I shouldn't count days that makes everything take longer, but yeah it will come unless I die before it comes. Jokes! Weather is weather nothing can change that, but yeah it wasn't terrible but it got pretty cold. We had about 10 inches of snow and it was probably the worst storm we'll have this year we'll have like a couple inches here and there for the rest of the winter but not bad. It got to -9 and I think that was the coldest I went running outside naked just to experience it. Jokes! So Saturday night Sunday morning is when the snow hit and people over here don't handle snow well so we had a fun day Sunday. We woke up saw that it was snowing so I called a couple members on our side of the lake and well they weren't going or couldn't get out because they didn't have 4 wheel drive. So we called the Furnell's who are an old couple that we get a ride from often they are the ones that are kin. Well we met them at a location that easy for the both of us and they take us to church. Well twenty minutes after they left supposedly I got a call from him saying, "elder I am in a ditch" I asked how far he was and he said, "haha elder I didn't even make it out of my driveway." I was like oh snikeys because they live forever away but they needed help out of the ditch. So we drove all the way there and we picked them up for church and drove all the way to church. Church was awesome we were a little late because of the delay, but there was probably only like 15 people there total. So we had sacrament meeting and testimony meeting and that was it. I loved almost every person got up there and bore their testimony and it was funny but spiritual so it was good. Well so we drove back to the Furnell's and pulled him out of the ditch. the funny thing is that I think is perception was off a little because of the snow and he just drove straight into the ditch because he could have made it quite far it wasn't that bad but I was laughing quite a bit because he turned way to wide and just drove straight in. Well they fed us dinner for our troubles and then we went on with the rest of the day. We have a mile limit on the truck of 1100 for the month and Sunday we went 150 miles so that sucks, but I was trying to be a good Samaritan. Our investigators are doing okay running into problems and stuff. Dj couldn't quit smoking and got really frustrated and so she is a little discouraged. Her daughters like everything they are just still not sure. We just are trying to get them on a daily habit of reading so that is our goal for them it will come just takes time. J, that younger guy still lets us come over but after learning about marriage as a necessity well he just is not down for that yet. The Less Actives are Less Actives nice people just not quite willing to change. We are kind of teaching an older couple like 91 and 86 years old. They are strong Baptist and she said that Christ would let us in, so that is why she listens to us. She likes us and we can talk about the bible all day, but as soon as we mention the Book of Mormon or Joe Smith then she kind of turns off. We asked to read and she said if "God leads me to read then I will, but I probably won't." We met a lady while eating Pizza Hut a couple weeks ago and she used to be RLDS and she wanted to come over because she didn't know the difference between the two, but we keep missing her and we can't seem to get a hold of her but hopefully this week. Well that is the whole lot of people that we are teaching or trying to teach when we aren't busy doing that we are going to the local supermarket trying to talk to people because that is the only time we can talk to them and not have them close the door or runaway. So yeah that is what we do for fun. Actually P day this last week we got a with a couple of the young men Bishop's son and we played hunters and hunted we start and few of us have paintball guns and everybody else is a deer and we run through the woods to avoid being hunted. That was fun. Well that is all I have for you folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment