Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Osage Beach

Hello family well this week has been one of the greatest weeks I have had in a long time but it has also been pretty sad. So me and elder Martin have been serving together for this last week and our time together officially ends this Thursday. It has been crazy because we have been covering for the last week both Laurie and Lebanon and we have been doing a mighty fine job if I say so myself. It has been fun to see some of the people back in Lebanon ward. Seeing that they are still in church and doing good so it has been fun. I also took Martin to a few of the crazy people that we teach and I am sure that he had a good time visiting them. Well the darndest thing has happened as of Saturday night we got transfer calls and I was pretty sure I was being taken out of Laurie. Well I was right I will no longer be serving in Laurie and all those crazy places. Where am I going? Funny you should ask because I am only going 22 miles south to serve in Camdenton the nice, classy part of the Osage Beach Ward. I am a little upset because if I am going to stay in the area I would like to be where I have been the entire time, but things happen and I have no say just got to do what the good Lord tells me too. My companion is Elder Green unfortunately it is not Elder Martin the last 9 days have been splendid. All I know about Elder Green is that he was MTC companion's with Elder Bunch. What? That's right with my trainer and from what I have heard they didn't like each other that much. Well so we'll see how it goes I have heard he is a cool guy. Another crazy thing is that the Laurie area is getting sisters which I went bananas over. It is not exactly the most safe place especially for Sisters but like I said the good Lord knows and plus I was serving there before them so they should have plenty to do and visit semi-normal people. We'll see how that one goes as well. So a little more about the weeks and less about external problems it was pretty sweet. In Lebanon visited some old investigators and stuff and converts and whoever else they had. In fact we tried to contact a referral Jim Morrison from the Doors. Jokes! But his name is really Jim Morrison and he lives next to a whole bunch of Morrison's and they own Morrison plumbing so seems like a 3 generation big ol' happy family. Up in Laurie we visited the few, the proud, the crazy. Jokes! It was a good time we visited the guy that had the tumor on his jaw bone because he is back home now. I feel bad for the guy he just kind of has to wait and wait till it heals and one side of his face is swollen and man you couldn't understand a word he said. Except that I could understand every word he said I may have been in Missouri to long. Other than that the Less Active family that we found the week previous we went over and had a lesson with the entire family and it went very well. I say give it a couple months and they will be back in church. Dj and her daughters are doing good still having some struggles but the Sisters will probably get the job done they are better than us. That is usually how it goes. Well Van Woerkem and Bulpitt (Camdenton Elders) Leave this week it will be sad having them go because they are some good guys but we are having a last P-day hurrah and are going to have some wicked fun. That is basically all I got for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment