Monday, April 28, 2014

Fort Scott


Well Hello family aww what is this Naders? Where? Jokes! SO yesterday we were riding our bikes visiting all the lovely people that we see and we got to this one family's house and it started to hail a little bit and so I ran out in it because it was fun good size chunks too. Well that ended very quickly and the sun started to shine and we were on our way when the sirens went off meaning that one touched down somewhere. I got very excited and I was like," today is the day I get to see my first nader!" Well we had a tornado touch down and it touched down about 10 miles north of town and nocked over some grain bins, a couple railroad cars, and a dairy barn. So far nobody was hurt people or cows. I was distraught I didn't get to see it ohh sad day. I don't really know about anywhere else I hear there were a few throughout the mission but nothing extravagant. That is all I have to say bout dem Naders.

Two empty grain bins blew over on the train.  This was about the only damage.
 

Well as for me I am doing fantastic Kansas is a place filled with awe and wonder kind of like Fangorn Forest on Lord of the Rings sometimes it never gets old. There is benefits to having two companions but for now one is good Cheney is a great guy and we are having Hay Bales of fun.

So I am bummed I can't wait to have a Filipino dinner I guess I'll have to make you guys a Kansas dinner with Opossum, Coon, and Squirrel that will be a fun dinner. But sounds good they will have to make that a tradition. Man I can't believe everybody is getting old Dad said that Tyler and Rex gave talks. What the? Since when did he they turn twelve since when were they even baptized I don't remember that. Actually I do I was a witness at Rex's haha.

Well to tell you about the week and all of that jazz. So Thursday Elder Carson left and that was just the usual as always people leave nothing new. Then we went back to our area and started visiting all of our fun loving people. Well we of course have R who is doing very well and is still tobacco free. I am telling ya nothing can stop this guy all he wants to do is live the gospel and read church books and manuals. It was funny in Gospel Principles Elder Mullenaux led the discussion on Honesty; Sister Mullenaux was sick and Elder Cheney was in Primary helping them and so it was us two and the investigators and recent converts. The lesson was on Honesty and somehow we got on the question if your wife asks you "Does this dress make me look fat?" No matter how we answered and where we tried to point the lesson someone would always refer back to that question I told them that Jesus would have told the truth with love and I thought that was pretty airtight. I guess they didn't like my answer. Well that was pretty random but to continue. So we work with quite a few people but I will tell you the ones that I think are important of course there is R. R's Mom who actually isn't investigating but she comes to church every week with him. We asked if she wanted to take the lessons and she just said, "No" strange right. Then B who is R's mom's friend and she is taking the lessons and enjoying it but she is pretty faithful to her church still so not sure. Then we have C who is a nice single Hispanic lady who is really sarcastic and likes to talk about her love life, but she is awesome and came to church for the first time yesterday and enjoyed and has a baptism set up in June but she says she will never give up Coffee which is not a big deal she will be dunked. Then this dude named Big J, we are not sure on his last name yet. He is a dude that is a Licensed Bounty Hunter who learned how to fly a Helicopter from a book and still hasn't flown one, and never wears a shirt. He is doing very well and he to will have a baptism date soon. So things are going well. Well I hope that suffices as a letter, I'll talk to you guys in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment