Monday, April 14, 2014

Fort Scott


Yeah the M's are pretty cool they help us out quite a bit and it is nice to talk to people about Arizona. Well I'll let them know that you said thank you. So Spring is hitting the Midwest in a very Midwestern kind of way. This entire week was awesome with 60 to 70 degree weather and today as I right you it is snowing. The weather changes so much you can't get use to anything out here. Well I like the Kevin Bacon footloose Baconator is so cool he is almost as cool as the dance that made him famous. Volleyball, Prom yeah sounds like a blast.  Today I was in Wal-Mart and when I was waiting for Elder Cheney to print pictures off and I saw all the Go Pro promotional videos and I got really depressed because there is nothing to do in Kansas besides hunt and fish I can't do the former and it is snowing today so I can't do the latter. I am looking around Pawn shops and trying to find a parachute so I can try to parasail or something similar in nature but it is proving difficult to obtain one.

Well I am doing good just waiting for the cold to finally be over but it snowed last year in Arkansas in early May so I think I will have to be a little more patient. The work is going really good. So basically here in Fort Scott all normal people are part of a church and don't see the need to change so that leaves us with all the weird people. Most of them are nice, so we have a baptism coming up early May for a guy named R he is probably 6' 3'' and looks like he used to be a bouncer at a club. Except that he really innocent and kind of childlike it is pretty funny, but he is an awesome guy and he has little black teeth that kind of look like the top of a pencil. We are also teaching his Mom and his Mom's friend they are enjoying but I don't think they fully understand. A lot of other people we are teaching have been going through or are going through drug problems and well... it is fun. One investigator who is kind of crazy she was talking to people on the street and they started bad mouthing Mormons and Us and she punched one lady in the nose and broke it then pulled out her knife and threatened to kill them. Well she had the cops at her house the next morning. There are a few normal people that we are trying to teach but they are always busy and we just are not able to sit down and get anything started.

So yeah Kansas what more can you ask for. So that is basically what's been up here in Fort Scott recently. I can't believe Summer is going to be starting soon. Oh man, Time sure does fly. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment