Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Siloam Springs

Well Hello there everybody, Elder Heywood is doing okay. I'll start at the beginning of last week: Monday we drove down to Praire Grove for a zone dinner held at Brother Battles house that is when things got crazy and the big storm rolled in so I was not in Siloam Springs. When Tornadoes come the clouds are like a weird yellowish color super cool but I was bummed about the tornado though I missed.  It touched down in West Siloam which is the Oklahoma side of the town and another one started to form over Wal Mart but never touched.  When tornado storms hit it gets super windy and trees look like they are doing the limbo because they are bent sideways and a lot of trees were uprooted. One tree fell through a guy's house and we did some service to help clean up but the tree was still in his living room.

Well I am so sad to leave Siloam Springs I love that area and I am super bummed I had to leave and move on with my life. Transfers happens though.

Elder Babb who I met and I absolutely love he comes from Portland Oregon and he loves classic rock, is very good at the guitar and he is really funny, but normal. Lebanon is a lot like Siloam except because they don't have a college near it is a bunch of old old people. The average age in the ward has got to be like 65 or close to that. I am enjoying it here mainly because Elder Babb is entertaining. It has only been the first week so it will get better it always does. Sorry about not emailing Monday it was Memorial day and yesterday was Zone Conference so I am getting it done today.

So I talked to Brother Ellis who is my favorite guy in the ward so far who works at the barrel factory they only have 45 and 53 gallon barrels and they cost about $800 so I don't think that is happening. Sorry. Well, what we have been doing is just preparing a few people for baptism who Elder Babb and Elder Houston prepared. Elder Houston went home and he is from Mesa Stapley and Southern I talked to him for a little at transfer point I wish I knew him better. Elder Chriss who was in my last district is from Gilbert and I told him if he wanted to call and talk to you guys that would be cool. I think his family is on vacation right when he got home, but in a month or so if he calls I told him you would probably love to hear from him.

Well that is basically it so far. Love you guys and I'll catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment