Monday, June 10, 2013

Lebanon

Well it has been one good week so good I can't remember anything from my week ha just kidding. We have a Baptism this Saturday for a lady who used to be a JW actually but she was inactive and a guy named Bro Price who is just one of those wonderful old guys who likes to share the gospel with everyone referred her to Babb and Houston and they taught her and she realized that this was the truth and the way she needed to go. So we are preparing for that it should be pretty good. Her family also has a ranch and horses I think a good service opportunity awaits us there.

Oh and Brostock yeah I knew that was coming we were contemplating whether to go or not, but it is out of our area and most of it occurs on the lake and it is more of a party than a wakeboarding competition so we didn't go I don't think the Osage Beach Elders went either that is the area that is right on the lake. They did tell me at Zone Conference that Saturday they were doing service at a Fishing tournament on the lake they called out boat numbers then helped with other stuff. I'll ask if that went well, but yeah it would be pretty cool to go to Brostock except I don't think a lot of missionary work would get done, just saying.

I got a story for you so our investigator who has cerebral palsy and a  guy in the ward named Doc. Morter and he is hard of hearing so he talks really loud and that is just his normal voice. Bro. Morter is about 70-80 and is a convert and he is pretty intense. So J has been having a few problems with the church mainly because of the pastor that gave him anti stuff to read. So we go in there try to clear the air when Bro. Morter took over and he talks pretty loud normally, but when he wants to get a point across he practically yells so I am sitting there in the middle of this between a guy with who I can't even hear and old Doc Morter who is blowing out my ear drums it was kind of hard not to laugh, but I kept it together. Moral of the story is do not mess with Doc. Morter he'll rip you a new one and that is basically doctrine. It was great but we'll go over and see J again and see how well he survived.

As for the rest of the week not to much happened we taught our usual investigators, we had a zone meeting, and yeah that is most likely it. I don't know if you heard but on the 23rd of June there will be a world wide missionary meeting intended for everybody in the church. But we don't know exactly what it will say but the rumor is, is that the apostles want to get rid of missionaries finding people and they want to put that responsibility solely on the members, because that is the most effective way, and that the missionaries in the ward our mainly just the Bishop's tool to teach these people. So it is going to be a big deal Crazy Insane Dope.

Dad said a lot of Sisters are coming into the Gilbert Mission well that would be good for Dana she would love going on splits with them. Your girls camp idea seems good to me. Sisters always have trouble in the MTC we gave like all the sisters in our district blessings like 3 times to each one kind of ridiculous, but its cool that they are willing to serve. Well that is it Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment