Monday, August 26, 2013

Osage Beach

Well hey howdy hey what is up everybody? Okay so a pretty big change. The library up here is closed on Monday's so I will be writing either Tuesdays or Wednesdays, most likely Wednesdays, Tuesdays are kind of busy. I am only writing today on Thursday because we ran into some trouble yesterday. One of the lady's they just baptized up here; her and her husband have been having car trouble the registration is three years expired, it has a leaking brake line, and the road to their house is so rough that a tire gets flat about once a month. So we helped them almost all day yesterday. Sorry I wish I could have come and said I'll email you tomorrow or something I know how you freak out about these things. Well Leaving Lebanon was a bummer things were going good and me and elder Babb were just having a blast. But all things must come to an end. I'll send you pictures of our departure they were pretty good. Well so transfers I met up with Horlacher he is a very nice kid. He loves yu-gi-oh and vanguard and stuff like that. He wants to be a video game designer. He has flaming orange hair. And he is awesome he is easy going and you can work with because he is fun to talk to. So I like him a lot and we will have fun. So about the area it is pronounced exactly like it is spelled O, Sage people in Missouri aren't the smartest so everything is pronounced exactly how it is spelled, one town near by is Versailles and they pronounce it Ver Sales silly right? Well we live in Laurie so not in Osage we have one big ward and we have four elders that share it. The Camdenton Elders, and the Laurie Elders, Us or Laurie is the more beaten down redneck side of the lake. We have 4 active members on this side of the lake and a lot of work to do. That is why they split it up is because the Osage elders wouldn't venture up into our neck of the woods unless they had too. We live about 30-40 miles away from the church building so that kind of stinks, but oh well I love it up here and Yes! it stinks looking at the lake every single day but awesome. By the way, look at Lake of the Ozarks Shootout its like the biggest boat race in North America and it is happening Saturday everything is getting pretty crazy all these rich guys are coming in from out of town with these huge speed boats all ready to race in the shootout. So crazy story I am at church meeting everybody and then some guy comes up and says I heard one of you is from AZ. Every ward I have been in there has been people from AZ but no one that I ever knew or knew someone they knew. He comes up tells me he lives in Mesa and then I start to talk to him a bit about AZ then he looks at my tag and says Heywood. HuH? Are you related to a Parker and I said Yep! that man is as mean as a snake! not really I said he is my brother then he said that Parker was in Montana and he had Filibertos with him a few weeks previous. I guess he originally comes from Missouri but he lives in AZ currently. So that was pretty cool and then he got a pic with me and that is where that comes from. I really like it up here it is beautiful our ward mission leader, Brother Howell is a cool guy, and he has like my dream house I'll show you a pic. It is up on a hill overlooking the lake and you walk down like 50 yards and you are on his dock on the lake. That lucky dog. Well it awesome. So we got a lot of work to do getting members active working with the investigators. The one lady that we helped with her car her and her husband live in a shack, probably the size of our family room, they have goats that live in a beat up mobile home behind their shack and they have twelve dogs that bark every time you drive up, and one that as you walk nips at your heels I hate that thing. Well she has a hurt leg because one of her Male goats rammed her and broke it a while back so it is kind of messed up. it is interesting on this side of the lake. But I love it here, I love Horlacher, and everything is good except for the fact that I am not with the Babb. Well I'll send pictures now and don't call Pres. I will email most likely Wednesday of next week. Your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment