Well this new area is pretty crazy everybody around is pretty nice even though they don't talk to us. Within weeks you can meet everybody in the town because there is only like 900 people. I though my last two places were small towns. Well the boat races were pretty sweet I wish I took pictures of all the boats they were crazy awesome. The most expensive boat was like 5 million dollars 250,000 of that was strictly in the paint job, it also had two helicopter engines that powered it. I know Dad would have liked to been there to check out the boats and all their hardware.
Well everything is going good like I said we have 5 active members on our side of the lake so we are desperately trying to get less actives and investigators baptized. We have a few promising investigators and investigators. Nobody wants to drive into Osage Beach to go to church. They don't realize the blessings that they are missing out on and they honestly don't care so the fun begins.
Some crazy things happened this week we cut down a tree for service at an investigators house, but the problem was they didn't have an chainsaw, axe, saw or anything. All they had was a blunt hatchet that we couldn't sharpen, some wedges, and a hammer that you pound nails in around the house and the tree was good size. So we found a rope tied it to the top and I had Elder Horlacher bounce up and down on the rope while with I small hammer tried to pound these wedges in. It sucked and after two hours it came down. This week I also caught 8 roosters with two little kids, because one of the members in the area wanted them so he could eat them. It took us a long while to get those buggers. I will also be participating in the slaughtering of these roosters. Also we had a recent convert who wanted the sacrament at her house so we brought it to her, and we did it outside because their shack was too small. Outside they have eight dogs, numberless amount of cats, and 3 goats. So while I was kneeled down blessing the water. I had Goats coming up sniffing my face, cats trying to steal the leftover bread, and two dogs sniffing my back end and the other six barking. They were thankful and I guess they felt the spirit somehow because it was nuts.
Elder Horlacher is good just kind of quiet but he is a nice guy and I am enjoying my time working with him. Once you get him talking he is pretty funny. Well I sent you a letter yesterday. These older people in our ward are kind of obsessed with me because I am from AZ and it turns out that I am related to them and they invited us over and showed how we were related. It turns out I am also distantly related to Elder Horlacher and the Prophet Joseph Smith. The letter explains it better, but they are nice and they helped us out with the genealogy.
Well that is mostly it for this week I do love this area it is a pretty sweet place and I am having some good fun. Well Peace. Can't wait to slaughter those roosters it is going to be a good chicken fry
No comments:
Post a Comment