Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Osage Beach

So I am sorry I am writing Tuesday but tomorrow is very busy so we chose to write today. Basically I will write any day of the week except for Sunday and Monday those are the days the Library is closed.
Well this week is good we have a baptism coming up for the fourteenth and his name is T he is the one who lives in the shack and has all the dogs and goats and cats and whatever else. He is a very quiet but nice fellow and it will be cool to see him baptized. We have just been visiting a lot of people and trying to do our best. This last week was the only week where I would have agreed that is was hot, but it wasn't AZ hot. I just hated the feeling of being sticky especially dressed up in Missionary attire it bothered me but oh well. So this last week since I wrote... we had a Zone Conference Elder Ellis the area seventy spoke and it was very good and as always very inspirational; missionaries need that every one in a while.
After the Zone Conference we ran out of miles to drive the truck so we were forced to walk to where ever we went and it just happened to be the hottest week in the year. So we walked and visited our peeps. There are a few people that are pretty promising and hopefully will be baptized soon. We have the P's who are a young couple that are really nice. S the girl is very nice but shy and J is a real character he reminds me of someone but I can't seem to remember who it is... Well they are doing good they are just busy like a young couple always is and we need to get them married and all the good stuff like that. Piece of cake, the good thing is that they don't have terrible word of wisdom problems like the other 98% of Missouri. Whhhoooo Hoooo. Well the other Investigator is DJ who is a girl and N her daughter they are pretty promising just encouraging them to read. She unfortunately has a smoking problem but we will work with that. Also we have to find them a ride to church because they don't have a car so a lot of work to do but it is easier then getting the gopher out of his hole.
With the holiday the lake was crowded yesterday just as it is on the weekend, we tried fishing but had no luck. But on the weekdays especially early morning the lake is calm and just trying to torment me. Well it has been good. I'll catch you guys later. Logan goes to the MTC tomorrow. I think Colton gets his call this week. Well lot going on. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment