Thursday, September 26, 2013
Osage Beach
This week was pretty good a lot has happened well we have officially two baptisms set up for November second. J who is the man and DJ we are teaching Dj's daughter N but she is still not sure she just needs to read.
I have a pretty funny story for you this week at least its funny to me I hope you guys enjoy it. So I was on exchanges with our District Leader Elder Montano and we were teaching J the Word of Wisdom because he has a few minor problems with it. He was pretty ecstatic about the whole thing; I told him the first step is to remove all temptations and right then and there he got up in the middle of me saying that got all the beer from his fridge and gave me his tobacco and said here you go. After we said a prayer and finished up he was looking at his Busch Lite and was like "oh s___ what have I done" but we comforted him and then we went outside and opened it all up and dumped it in a dumpster. He was doing pretty good for the first couple of days and then Saturday his mom was getting married and at the reception he drank...a lot he showed up at our door a little after 6:30 A.M. on Sunday right as we were getting up and was like, "yep I turned into bad J last night" We said that it was most likely gonna happen and that he could still overcome it; well after talking to him he took us to the diner close by and bought us Biscuits and Gravy it was sweet then he went home got dressed and came with us to church.
As for other news elder Horlacher is getting transferred and I am getting Elder Archibald who I know a little.
As far as other people we are seeing DJ and N are pretty good it is going to suck getting her to quit smoking she goes through a pack when we are teaching her not to smoke, I guess it is better than crack. N just needs to read and she will commit to baptism and DJ's oldest daughter who has gone through a lot actually wants to talk too. This last week she was free from work and school so we taught her the Restoration and if we keep meeting her consistently then she will be baptized too. So good things are happening.
Again why is everybody dying the news about Jake is a bummer. I swear I don't think I am getting that old why is everybody dying it is strange.
So Brother Howell keeps me updated College football wise he is a bigtime fan so He knows that he needs to give me an ASU update. I am glad about Wisconsin and I had a little more hope for Stanford I predicted the loss but not by that much that stinks. Seems like they had a really rough game I hope they bounce back though I still have hope.
Yes! everybody in Missouri smokes, drinks, and has awesome beards. Brother Stokes in our ward has a glorious beard it goes down past his chest. I am going to have one just like it. Jesus had a beard so can I. Sorry for emailing on Monday again we are hanging out with Camdenton elders again.
Elder Heywood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment