Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Osage Beach
Well it is very hard it is really weird I don't know why but if feels like everyone is dying I am so sad that Grandpa is gone there are so many good memories that have been shared with Grandpa.
I also have some bad news Rick the guy that me and Elder Babb were teaching he passed away Sunday morning. Elder Babb called me up and he seemed super bummed. Rick was the old crazy guy that loved us and we would go to his trailer and he would watch Ellen before we could talk to him about church and stuff he was the one with four toes. Yeah so the weekend was pretty sad. I am sorry I don't have my Bolo I left it in my trunk back at home. President Shumway shared with me a scripture it is Alma 40:10 I believe it talks about the souls of the righteous and how they will dwell in paradise. It might not be verse ten but it is around there.
Well I am doing pretty good I guess I'll tell you about Archibald he is nice he says I am pretty chill and that it is a pleasure serving with me. He has about 3 months left, just doing our best to find some people in this small town to teach we are kind of running short on our teaching pool since we dropped a lot of people.
This week we invited J one of the people with a date to be married that went pretty rough he exactly doesn't have a huge desire to be married I think but he has been living with this girl for like who knows how long. A long time I'm sure so that was kind of crazy. DJ is doing okay still smoking but she loves us and the church we started teaching her oldest daughter as well and that is going pretty good so hopefully some good will come out of all of that.
Conference was really good I feel like there was a huge focus on Repentance and doing our duty and bringing in any less active, part member, potential, Investigator that is out there. My favorite talk was Eyring in priesthood session he talked about how the Bishop would call him up and take him out to visit people in the ward and they would kick the beer bottles under the couch, or they would send the kids to answer the door because the parents wouldn't want to talk, and stuff like that. It feels like that for me every single day but he said that he felt that it was more for him than those he taught and I feel the same way with every rejection and slammed door we get in our face it is sad but that only helps me in a way. Even Christ was rejected and he was the greatest teacher that the world will ever have. Not saying that I am even close to Christ but I feel like I learn to love people better with every rejection kind of weird but that is how it feels.
Well that is basically all I have this week. Best wishes to everybody back at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment