Monday, September 16, 2013
Osage Beach
What up family okay I am sorry I told you guys I would never email Mondays but I am in Camdenton for the day so I have the oppurtunity to email on Mondays because their Library is open on Mondays. The baptism went really good I'll send you a picture it was a good bunch that are in it with me.
To be honest this week was a little crazy first part of the week we had exchanges with district leader then a day later we had the Assistants over for an exchange and then two days after that the Zone Leaders came out with us for an exchange so a lot of running around but it was all good.
So J is going to be baptized Nov. 2 he one of our investigators he is a really cool guy later this week we are going to go hiking with him. He is doing good just needs some time he needs to be married and stop drinking both easy things just have to get the deal done and all that stuff. Dj and N are our other investigators who are going to be baptized they are both girls one is a mom (DJ) and the other is her daughter. They are pretty set to go the mom just needs to give up smoking which will take some time, but all is goods in the woods. Notice I didn't say hood because we don't have hoods up here just woods.
This last week I went to a Jamaican restaurant with my companion and one of our zone leaders elder tateouli (not quite sure if I spelled it right) we had a good time they had a few legit jamaican chefs that came out and talked to us. The dude was straight out from Jamaica and his favorite artist was Boys II Men and Backstreet Boys. Nothing wrong with either band but it caught me off guard I thought he was going to be reggae all the way but I was wrong. Another interesting thing is that we had the Laurie Hillbilly fair this last weekend not going to lie it was pretty lame it was like the Houston Carnival but for an entire town and I am pretty sure more people show up for the Houston Carnival. My companion Elder Horlacher bought a cane he is kind of like Chris when Chris was really obsessed with brief cases but he buys canes and hats and some other stuff, but that makes it all the more better being with Elder Horlacher.
So I haven't told you the last couple of weeks I keep forgetting but something awesome and amazing happens about once a week. We have this guy in the Ward named Bro. H just a normal down to earth guy and he has had surgery so we go and visit him and what not. Well the guy and his wife have five monkeys and we go in and teach then we say whats up to the monkeys. They are capuchin (not sure if I spelled that right) but they are sweet and only one of them is mean. The most of them wear diapers and a few sleep with them. Oh man it is crazy but their house is really nice though it smells a bit like..... Well I think that is all I have for now.
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment